CHARLESTON CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY – DEFENDING YOUR RIGHTS
Just because you have been charged with a crime does not mean that you are doomed to the consequences of that crime. The criminal law system in this country allows each individual charged with a crime the opportunity to present his or her side of the story in a court of law to be judged by a jury of his or her peers.
An experienced and aggressive Charleston criminal defense attorney can take measures to help you receive a successful outcome to your case. At Sahn Law Firm in Charleston, South Carolina, we are fully prepared to protect you from the severe consequences that your charges may carry, from loss of liberty to high fines.
Michael Sahn – Charleston Criminal Defense Attorney
In accordance with United States and South Carolina law, individuals subject to criminal accusations are provided with certain rights to ensure they are not wrongfully convicted or punished too severely. Therefore, it is vitally important that a defendant consult with and hire a seasoned Charleston criminal defense attorney who can not only guide and support them through the complex process, but also secure their future by reducing the charges, getting the charges dismissed, or getting a “not guilty” verdict. In addition, a skilled criminal defense attorney is able to protect their clients from the potentially severe consequences of being convicted in a court of law, which include high fines and jail sentences. Ideally, a Charleston criminal defense attorney will begin devising a winning strategy for their client even before the prosecuting attorney has had a chance to start working on the file.
Criminal prosecution is the system of laws and regulations that attempt to keep the public safe, as well as deter wrongful conduct. Individuals who are accused of violating South Carolina law are subject to incarceration, fines, and other penalties depending upon the severity of the crime. Undoubtedly, the American criminal justice system is complex and adversarial in nature. Aaccused individuals require the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney to get them out of jail on bond (bail), and fight for them to keep them out of jail or prison.
Individuals accused of more serious crimes are generally charged with the class of offenses called “Felonies.” Felonies generally carry more prison time than misdemeanors. Felonies include violent crimes such as murder, burglary, and robbery, as well as “white-collar” crimes such as financial embezzlement, money laundering, and wire fraud. The fundamental aim of law enforcement agencies is to investigate the alleged crimes within their jurisdiction and then turn the case over to prosecutors to prosecute the case. This is when an accused individual has the constitutional right to have a criminal defense attorney represent them.
Having an experienced Charleston criminal defense attorney on one’s side will prove fruitful in getting them through whatever difficult legal situation they face. By building a strong defense, a Charleston criminal defense attorney can help an individual avoid jail time, staggering fines, and a criminal record. Every client’s case is unique, and this is something that an experienced Charleston criminal defense attorney will always take into consideration when formulating the strongest possible defense strategy.
Put A Former Prosecutor On Your Side
As a former prosecutor in South Carolina, I am familiar with the inner workings of the criminal justice system. With me representing you, you will have an arsenal of experience and knowledge on your side, defending your rights and fighting to defeat or reduce the charges against you.
For more information about the types of cases I handle, please visit the following pages:
- Drug offenses: Drawing on my years of experience, training and knowledge of the law, I will quickly move to minimize charges and penalties.
- Domestic violence: Prosecutors have become increasingly vigilant in their penalization of criminal domestic violence. However, just because you have been arrested does not mean you are guilty.
- Assault and murder: Violent crimes are some of the gravest accusations that you can face in the criminal system.
- Gun charges: Once a weapon becomes a part of criminal charges, the possibility of significant prison time increases.
- Bond/Bail: If you are in jail following an arrest, I’ll do everything I can to secure your prompt release.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): The penalties for driving under the influence in South Carolina are extremely harsh. The sooner you put your case in the hands of an experienced South Carolina criminal defense attorney/DUI defense lawyer, the better off you’ll be.
I also represent clients who face theft charges, traffic offenses, probation violations, criminal sexual conduct, juvenile offenses and white collar crimes. I handle cases in General Sessions Court, federal court, magistrate court, and municipal or traffic court.
Learn more about my background and credentials.
- What Can Someone Expect When They Call Your Office Regarding Their Criminal Case?
- What Additional Legal Expenses Can I Expect In My Criminal Defense?
- What Are The Common Types Of Criminal Cases That You Handle?
- What Happens Within The First 24 Hours Of My Arrest?
- In A DUI Arrest, Will I Leave Jail Able To Drive?
Contact Me For A Free Initial Consultation
To discuss your case with a former prosecutor who understands how the South Carolina criminal justice system works, please contact Michael Sahn, Charleston criminal defense attorney, today at (843) 856-2222. There is no charge for your initial consultation.
Geographic Areas we Cover: