Michael C. Sahn, Esq.
Attorney Michael C. Sahn was raised in the Charleston area. After graduating at the top of his class from Porter-Gaud School in 1998, he obtained his Bachelor of Science in Finance from the University of Virginia, where he was a National Merit Scholar. He then went on to receive his Juris Doctorate from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2007, where he graduated cum laude. Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Sahn was inducted into the Order of the Wig and Robe, which recognizes law students with the most outstanding academic records.
From 2007 to 2011, Mr. Sahn was an Assistant Solicitor for South Carolina’s 9th Judicial Circuit, which includes Charleston and Berkeley Counties. He quickly became the lead DUI prosecutor for Charleston County, handling thousands of DUI cases ranging from DUI 1st Offense all the way up to Felony DUI Involving Death. Mr. Sahn also gained extensive trial experience handling a wide variety of other criminal offenses, including murder, armed robbery, rape, drug offenses, domestic violence cases, assault and battery, and traffic offenses. He received many successful trial verdicts during his tenure as a prosecutor.
In 2011, Mr. Sahn opened the doors of Sahn Law Firm – Attorneys at Law, where he continues to be the managing partner. Mr. Sahn has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including being selected to Super Lawyers, being rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, and receiving a 10.0 Avvo rating (out of 10), among others. Sahn Law Firm – Attorneys at Law continues to successfully represent clients in the Greater Charleston area and throughout South Carolina.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Law
- Driving Under the Influence
- Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- South Carolina, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2011
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D. cum laude – 2007
- Honors: Order of the Wig and Robe
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Law Journal: Real Property and Trust Journal, Staff member, 2005 – 2007
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- B.S. – May, 2002 (McIntire School of Commerce)
- Honors: Merit Scholar
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Commerce-Finance
Honors and Awards:
- Rated 10.0 Lawyer Rating by Justia
- Rated Client Champion Of Platinum by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (The highest level of professional excellence)
- America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys
- 10.0 Avvo Rating
- Rated as Top 3 Criminal Defense Lawyers in Charleston by Three Best Rated
- Rated among Best Car Accident Lawyers in Charleston by Expertise
- Rated among Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Charleston by Expertise
- Rated a Top Attorney in Criminal Defense by Avvo
- Rated as Top Ranked Law Firms by Charleston Regional Business Journal
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2007 – Present
- Charleston Bar Association, Member, 2007 – Present
Past Employment Positions:
- Ninth Circuit Solicitor’s Office, Assistant Solicitor, 2007 – 2011
- BB&T, Financial Analyst
- Phi Kappa Sigma
- Beta Alpha Psi
"I am beyond relieved I called Michael Sahn. He and his firm were very professional. He had a game plan and concisely communicated it to me. Mr. Sahn was able to execute as he had said and I am beyond grateful for that and he always responded to my questions in a timely manner. I highly recommend Mr. Sahn."
"Mr. Sahn was professional and delivered! He kept us informed every step of the way and handled our issue quickly, delivering a positive outcome! If you find yourself in a situation where good representation is an absolute, then look no further!!!"
"Michael was great to work with. He kept in touch by text and phone, and always responded to me in a timely manner. He put my mind at ease and delivered what he promised. Highly recommend!!"
"The most professional lawyer that I've ever worked with. There's a reason why he was selected a few years ago as one of the best attorney in the area. Highly encourage to seek legal advice from Attorney Michael Sahn!"
A Satisfied Client
"I’m very thankful I decided to go with Sahn Law Firm. There were a lot of options but after reading all his immaculate reviews I choose him. Now I’m thankful to be another one of those reviews. My charges against me were dismissed and will be expunged, I couldn’t ask for a better outcome. He was professional and easily accessible every step of the way. If you are torn on who should represent you then I highly recommend Sahn Law Firm!"
"Mr. Sahn and I went toe to toe when he was a prosecutor and I can tell you without hesitation he is equipped with the experience..."
John S., Criminal Defense Attorney
"I endorse this lawyer. Michael is a Virginia grad and former prosecutor who is flat-out smart. I recommend him."
Paul T., DUI & DWI Attorney
"I endorse this lawyer. Michael has always been extremely knowledgeable and prepared. He is an excellent lawyer, I would recommend him to anyone."
Reese S., Workers' Compensation Attorney
*Any result the endorsed lawyer or law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.