Your Charleston, SC Childhood Injuries Attorney
Charleston, SC, childhood injuries attorney Michael Sahn with Sahn Law Firm – Attorneys At Law specializes in personal injury, whether young or old. If you find yourself needing an attorney because your child has injuries someone else caused, then you should contact our office right away.
Our experience in managing childhood injury cases is nothing short of remarkable. Be it a minor bump on the playground or a more severe incident caused by someone else’s carelessness, we’ve seen it all and won’t rest until justice is served.
It is not uncommon for you to feel confused and overwhelmed by the legal process. That is why we provide personalized attention and communicate regularly to keep you informed about the progress of your case.
At Sahn Law Firm – Attorneys At Law, we have the experience and resources to help you by fighting for justice and compensation on behalf of your child. Our goal is to achieve the best results for you and your family.
What Injuries Could You Sue For In A Child Injury Lawsuit?
In a child injury lawsuit, you could sue for any injury caused by someone else, whether negligent or reckless. Types of injuries could include the following:
- Being hit by a car as a pedestrian or on their bicycle,
- Sports injuries like those due to inadequate safety measures or negligence,
- Physical injuries, such as fractures, amputation of a limb or body part, cuts or burns,
- Head injuries, such as concussions.
- Spinal cord injuries, internal organ damage, or brain damage,
- Psychological distress or trauma due to the injury,
- Emotional distress resulting from the incident, such as fear, anxiety, and depression,
- Any catastrophic or severe injury,
- Wrongful death of a child,
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries, and
- Sexual assault victims.
Beyond covering medical bills and lost pay, you could receive compensation for emotional pain, the loss of companionship, and even punitive damages.
The lingering effects of childhood injuries can leave families heartbroken and drained. Therefore, entrusting your child’s future to an experienced attorney is not just important – it’s absolutely crucial. Sahn Law Firm has a comprehensive understanding of the legal system, and we are committed to securing a positive outcome for your case.
The Child Injury Claim Timeline
How long it takes to be done with a child injury claim depends on the complexity and severity of the case. In some cases, it can take several months. While in more complex cases, it can take over a year to resolve. It is important to realize that each case is different, so the timeline will vary with each case.
The only thing you can personally do to make sure your child’s injury claim finishes on time is to follow your attorney’s advice and instructions. The only way to get the best possible outcome for your child is to find an experienced attorney with a solid track record.
How Is Compensation For Childhood Injuries Calculated?
Compensation for childhood injuries is calculated based on a variety of factors, including:
- The age of the child when the injury happened,
- How severe of an injury and the extent of the injury,
- The amount of medical expenses you’ve had to pay because of the injury,
- Lost wages due to missed work,
- Physical or emotional pain and suffering that resulted from the injury, and
- Any long-term effects caused by the injury.
In some cases, you can get compensation from the person or entity responsible. So if your child has injuries due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, contact our experienced child injury law firm to schedule a free consultation. We’ll discuss your case and answer any questions you may have.
Contact A Child Injury Law Firm You Can Trust With Your Child’s Future
At Sahn Law Firm – Attorneys At Law, we’re on a mission to ensure your child’s rights are being protected and receive the compensation they deserve. Because when it comes to incompetence and neglect, we don’t mess around. Trust us to fight for your family’s justice.
Our team of fierce childhood injuries attorneys are here to fight for your child’s rights and ensure they get the justice they deserve. To schedule a free consultation, contact our Charleston, SC office today at (843) 856-2222.