Michael C. Sahn, Esq.
Attorney Michael C. Sahn was raised in the Charleston area. After graduating at the top of his class from Porter-Gaud School in 1998, he obtained his Bachelor of Science in Finance from the University of Virginia, where he was a National Merit Scholar. He then went on to receive his Juris Doctorate from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2007, where he graduated cum laude. Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Sahn was inducted into the Order of the Wig and Robe, which recognizes law students with the most outstanding academic records.
From 2007 to 2011, Mr. Sahn was an Assistant Solicitor for South Carolina’s 9th Judicial Circuit, which includes Charleston and Berkeley Counties. He quickly became the lead DUI prosecutor for Charleston County, handling thousands of DUI cases ranging from DUI 1st Offense all the way up to Felony DUI Involving Death. Mr. Sahn also gained extensive trial experience handling a wide variety of other criminal offenses, including murder, armed robbery, rape, drug offenses, domestic violence cases, assault and battery, and traffic offenses. He received many successful trial verdicts during his tenure as a prosecutor.
Any result the endorsed lawyer or law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients. In 2011, Mr. Sahn opened the doors of Sahn Law Firm, where he continues to be the managing partner. Mr. Sahn has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including being selected to Super Lawyers, being rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, and receiving a 10.0 Avvo rating (out of 10), among others. Sahn Law Firm continues to successfully represent clients in the Greater Charleston area and throughout South Carolina.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Law
- Driving Under the Influence
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- South Carolina, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2011
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D. cum laude – 2007
- Honors: Order of the Wig and Robe
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Law Journal: Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal, Staff member, 2005 – 2007
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- B.S. – May, 2002 (McIntire School of Commerce)
- Honors: Merit Scholar
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Commerce-Finance
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (The highest level of professional excellence)
- 10.0 Avvo Rating, Rated among Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Charleston by Expertise, Rated a Top Attorney in Criminal Defense by Avvo
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 for South Carolina, ASLA, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2007 – Present
- Charleston Bar Association, Member, 2007 – Present
Past Employment Positions:
- Ninth Circuit Solicitor’s Office, Assistant Solicitor, 2007 – 2011
- BB&T, Financial Analyst
- Phi Kappa Sigma
- Beta Alpha Psi
Sahn Law Firm
225 Seven Farms Drive, Suite 105
"I used Michaels services for some family court issues. I could not ask for any more professionalism that was given. Michael was always there when needed. You truly felt he was there with you through the entire process. In and out of the office setting..."
"Michael knows what he is doing and I would highly recommend Sahn Law firm if you are in need of legal counsel in Charleston. Having grown up in Charleston and lived there all of his adult life, Michael has a deep understanding..."
"He was very informative and understanding of my situation. He was always available when I needed questions answered. I was very comfortable talking to him. I would definitely use him again if needed."
"Mr. Sahn and I went toe to toe when he was a prosecutor and I can tell you without hesitation he is equipped with the experience..."
John S., Criminal Defense Attorney
"I endorse this lawyer. Michael is a Virginia grad and former prosecutor who is flat-out smart. I recommend him."
Paul T., DUI & DWI Attorney
"I endorse this lawyer. Michael has always been extremely knowledgeable and prepared. He is an excellent lawyer, I would recommend him to anyone."
Reese S., Workers' Compensation Attorney